Hot Cross Bun Baked Pudding
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Cut the hot cross buns in half and spread them with butter then close them up again.
- Put into oblong baking dish approx. 40cm x 20cm.
- Whisk the egg yolks and caster together until the mixture turns pale and thickens.
- Put the cream into a small saucepan and gently bring to the boil, stirring as you do. Make sure that the cream doesn't burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the boiling cream over the egg yolk mixture and whisk well.
- Sprinkle the sultanas and almonds over and around the hot cross bun.
- Pour over the custard mixture.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and just set.