Red Wine and Rosemary Roast Lamb
- Using a small sharp knife, score top of lamb at 1cm intervals. Place lamb in a shallow dish. Whisk wine, oil and garlic in a jug, then pour over lamb in dish. Cover with cling wrap and chill, turning occasionally, for 6 hours or overnight to allow flavours to develop.
- Drain marinde from lamb and transfer lamb to a roasting dish. Brush with mustard.
- Using a mortar and pestle pound salt, rosemary and lemon zest until combined. Rub salt mixture over top of lamb. Using white kitchen string, tie lamb at 1cm intervals to secure. Wrap garlic in foil.
- Brush carrot with extra oil. Add carrot and head of garlic to dish and roast for 1 hour 15 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil. Rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with extra rosemary. Carve and serve with extra carrot, roast garlic and extra rosemary sprigs.
TIP: Roast the lamb with whole garlic – cut into halves – for additional aroma and flavour.
ALDI supports the responsible service of alcohol. It is illegal to purchase for people under 18.
ACT Warning: Liquor Act 2010 - A person must not sell or supply liquor to a person under 18 years old on premises where the sale or supply of liquor is authorised or in a public place. Maximum Penalty $5,500; NSW Warning: Liquor Act 2007 - It is against the law to sell or supply liquor to, or to obtain on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years; VIC Warning: Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 it is an offence to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (penalty exceeds $17,000), and for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (penalty exceeds $700); WA Warning: Under the Liquor Control Act 1988, it is an offence to sell or supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years on licensed or regulated premises; or for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase, or attempt to purchase, liquor on licensed or regulated premises. For more specific legislation in your state or territory, visit our Liquor Licences page.