Serrano Ham & Onion Croquettes
- Peel and chop the potatoes into chunks, then boil in salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well and mash.
- Wash and trim the spring onions, finely chop and add to the mashed potato.
- Finely chop the ham, grate the cheese and stir into the potato mix.
- Season with some black pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 balls – about 60g or 3 tablespoon’s worth – each.
- Flatten slightly into small sausage shapes.
- Into a low bowl, add bread crumbs, salt, pepper and seasoning. Mix through.
- Crack the eggs in a separate bowl and whisk well.
- To a third bowl, add flour and a pinch of salt. Mix through.
- For each of your mashed potato croquettes, dip them first into the flour, then the egg and then the bread crumbs.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté the croquettes for about 10 minutes – turning as you cook – until golden brown.
- If cooking in batches, keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
- Serve immediately, alongside the salsa and with thin lime wedges.