Summer Roast Lamb
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C (180°C degrees for fan forced oven)
- Grate the rind from the lemon and then juice.
- Mix together in a bowl the garlic, rosemary, wine, honey, mustard, lemon rind and juice – season with some salt and black pepper. Place lamb in zip lock bag with marinade and place in fridge for 2-3 hours turning occasionally.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin and pour over half the marinade.
- Put in oven and cook for 25min per 500g of lamb. baste lamb frequently during cooking
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the gravy: strain juices from the pan into a bowl. Place pan on medium heat on stove top. Add flour and cook stirring until flour has a golden colour to it approx 3-4min. Whisk in lamb juices until smooth consistency. Season to taste.
- Cook the asparagus in some boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, then drain.
- Serve the lamb on a bed of asparagus, sprinkled with some chopped parsley, sea salt and black pepper.
ALDI Supports the responsible service of alcohol. It is illegal to purchase alcohol for people under 18.
Vintages may vary from store to store. Every effort is made to ensure the current vintage is displayed, however variations can occur.
Liquor is available in selected ALDI stores in NSW, VIC and ACT. Due to liquor licensing limitations, liquor is not sold in any QLD, SA or WA ALDI stores.