- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk together the eggs and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Remove from the machine, fold through sifted flour until all is combined.
- Fold in the melted butter and vanilla until all is combined.
- Pour into a lined baking tin, 20 x 25 x 5cm.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 25 to 30 minutes. Test with a skewer to ensure it is cooked through.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool down on wire rack.
Expressi Hot Chocolate Glaze
- Insert one EXPRESSI Hot Chocolate capsule in the EXPRESSI Coffee Machine (refer to machine instructions to ensure machine is set up for use). Select the ‘LUNGO’ button which is the largest cup size option. Repeat this process an additional three times using four capsules in total.
- Pour the hot chocolate over the sugar and chocolate, whisk until combined and melted.
To serve: Cut the sponge into 3 x 5cm rectangles, dip the sponge into the hot glaze, drain excess and toss in shredded coconut.
Recipe courtesy of Anna Polyviou