Braised Spicy Chicken and Black Beans with Charred Corn Salad
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan. Brown the chicken on both sides over high heat. Season with salt and pepper and place on a clean plate.
- Finely chop onion and carrot. Add to frying pan (adding more oil if necessary) and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add paprika and cumin and cook for another minute.
- Return chicken to the pan and add tomatoes, sugar and stock cube. Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Check once during cooking and add a little water if necessary. Add black beans to pan and cook for 5 minutes, uncovered, until heated and sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over high heat. Add the drained corn and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally or until slightly charred. Spoon into a bowl to cool.
- Drizzle salad leaves with olive oil and red wine vinegar and top with charred corn.