Pan-seared Tasmanian Salmon with Caramel Orange Sauce and Cous Cous
- Grate zest from orange. Cut 1 slice from orange and cut that slice into quarters. Squeeze juice from orange.
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in saucepan and add 2 tablespoons of water. Boil for 4-5 minutes or until it starts to turn a caramel colour. Remove from heat and add orange juice and zest. Careful as the mixture will spit and splutter. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Place cous cous in a bowl and cover with 1 cup boiling water, leaving to sit until water is absorbed and cous cous is soft. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and fluff up using a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Fold peas through cous cous.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium frying pan. Season salmon with salt and black pepper and cook skin side down in pan for 2 minutes. Cook on the 3 other sides for 1 minute each or until cooked to your liking.
- Place peas and cous cous on plates. Top with salmon and orange quarter. Spoon over caramel orange sauce.