BBQ Lamb Chops with Pea Pesto and Sweet Potato Chips
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes or until just done. Strain through a sieve and run under cold water until cool.
- Place the almonds, mint, peas, lemon zest and juice into a food processor then purée. While the machine is running, add the olive oil in a slow and steady stream so that it incorporates and makes a nice, smooth pesto. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed. This can be made the day before.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (or 155°C for fan forced). Wash and dry the outside of the sweet potato and cut into chips of approx. 1cm square and 8cm long.
- Toss in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper then place in a single layer onto a tray lined with baking paper. Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes then turn over and cook for another 15 minutes, until golden and slightly crisp.
- Preheat a BBQ or pan to a high heat. On a tray, season both sides of the lamb chops with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes either side (depending on thickness) and then rest on a rack for 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, place them back on the BBQ for 2 minutes either side to reheat.
- Remove pea pesto from the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving, to allow it to come to room temperature. Neatly arrange the lamb chops onto a serving platter and drizzle with a little olive oil, squeeze of lemon juice and mint leaves.
- Place the sweet potato chips into a bowl and sprinkle with a little salt. Allow your guests to serve themselves.
Recipe: Courtesy of Australian Lamb