Beef Burger with Cheese & BBQ Aioli Recipe
How to Make Beef Burger with Cheese and BBQ Aioli
- Preheat oven to 190°C (or 170°C fan forced).
- In a bowl add beef mince, herbs, garlic and salt – mixing until well combined. Roll in to the palm of your hands until a ball shape is formed. Roll to desired shape and thickness and set aside.
- Bring frypan to a medium-high heat, lift off heat and lightly spray with oil. Place back on heat then quicky brown to seal off beef pattie, on each side for 2 minutes. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes depending on thickness (ultimately you can cook out the patties in the frypan if they are thin).
- Meanwhile, slice onion, tomato, lettuce and dill pickles.
- Create your BBQ aioli sauce by combining BBQ sauce, tomato sauce and aioli mayo. Add paprika and dill pickle juice in a bowl, mixing until well combined. Set aside. Separate your brioche buns and set aside (lightly toast buns now if desired).
- When taking out the beef pattie from oven, place a cheese slice on top straight away allowing the cheese to melt.
- When constructing burger, spread sauce on the bottom brioche bun then place on sliced onion followed by beef pattie with cheese. Then top with tomato, dill pickle and lastly the lettuce, then place brioche lid on top.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: This goes really well with extra dill pickles on the side plus a serving of your favourite Season’s Pride oven-roasted chips.
Recipe: Courtesy Claudine, ALDI Test Kitchen