Burger with Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce
- Slice the tomato and red onion. Have lettuce available.
- Place burger buns on tray with salad ingredients prepared and ready to assemble.
- Cook 2 rashers of bacon until crispy. Cool and dice into small pieces for burger sauce.
- To make sauce place soft blue cheese into a mixing bowl, crumble or smooth out using a fork. Add diced cucumbers and bacon, mayo and apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Combine all ingredients and set aside until ready to assemble burgers.
- In a hot pan, cook bacon to your liking. Remove and then cook burger patties, seasoning with salt and pepper, until cooked through.
- Put cheese slices on top of patties just before they are finished cooking so they can melt. Burgers are now ready to assemble.
- On bottom bun - layer with lettuce ,tomato and onion. Place burger patty on next and then bacon. Using a spoon, dollop a good amount of sauce generously over the bacon and the put top on burger.
- Have a serviette handy, hold between two hands and enjoy.
Recipe: Courtesy of Kelly, ALDI Test Kitchen