How to Make Cauliflower Casserole
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C for fan forced ovens). Steam cauliflower florets until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and place in a casserole dish. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a medium sized saucepan. Add flour and whisk until combined. Add milk and bring to a simmer whisking continuously to remove any lumps.
- Remove from heat, add nutmeg and season with salt, pepper. Add cheeses and stir to combine until melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over the cauliflower. Combine the reserved parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the cauliflower mixture. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.