How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Coat a large non stick baking sheet with the cooking spray. Wash the chicken breasts then thoroughly pat dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on a clean work surface and carefully slice in two, lengthwise. Lay a slice of ham over it. Top with the cheese slice and roll. Set aside, seam side down so they don't unfurl.
- Whisk egg and egg whites together with water in a medium bowl, to make an egg wash. In another bowl the same size, combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash. Ensure a full coating, then dip into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Lay chicken on the baking sheet seam side down. Spray the top with more cooking spray and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and crumb is golden.