- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then add the minced onion and 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped) and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Add the oregano and cumin and cook, stirring often, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and season with salt. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium/low and simmer gently uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 50 minutes or until the tomatoes are very tender and have broken down to form a chunky sauce.
- When the sauce is done, remove the pan from the heat. Puree half of the sauce in a blender. Return the puree to the remaining sauce in the pan. Season the sauce to taste with salt. Reserve.
- Cook the chicken in boiling water with salt until cooked (10 minutes). Shred the chicken with a fork while warm.
- In a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, combine the chicken (shredded), ½ cup of tomato salsa, sliced shallots, parsley or coriander (chopped) and sliced capsicum. Cook uncovered over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat and warm the wraps for 30 seconds each side.
- Chop the onion and the tomatoes into small dices. Add them into a bowl with the coriander.
- Slice the avocado in half then scoop out the avocado flesh from the skin and add to the bowl. Use a fork to mash the avocado flesh into a coarse pulp, mixing in the other ingredients.
- Season with salt and lime juice. Cover with plastic wrap, placing it directly on the surface to prevent browning, and refrigerate until you serve.
- Combine yogurt in a small mixing bowl with lime juice. Whisk until creamy and smooth.
Place the wraps on a cutting board, spoon cup chicken mixture over half of each wrap. Sprinkle with grated cheese and fold the wraps over. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve.