Chicken Tacos with Fruit Salsa Recipe
How to Make Chicken Tacos with Fruit Salsa
- Wash and prepare the fruit salsa ingredients. Dice mango, cucumber and tomato. If using papaya, remove the skin and dice into 1cm chunks. Remove pith and seeds from capsicum and dice into small pieces. Trim the chicken thighs and chop into chunks.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and cook for a few minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the chicken pieces and taco seasoning and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour over water and stir.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionaly until all the chicken is cooked through.
- To make the salsa, combine the mango, cucumber, capsicum, sliced onion, coriander and mint ingredients in a bowl. Add payaya now, if using. Cover with fresh lime juice and season with salt.
- Prepare soft tacos to packet directions.
- To serve, spoon chicken into the soft tacos and top with salsa.
Optional: If papaya isn’t in season, you can substitute with a fruit of your choice.