Chickpea, Carrot, Turmeric and Ginger Soup
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (or 180°C for fan-forced ovens)
- Open can and drain chickpeas, rinse under cold water, place in a bowl with coconut oil, cumin and paprika. Spread on a tray lined with baking paper and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chickpeas at 180°C for 15 minutes then set aside.
- While chickpeas are roasting, heat oil in a pot on medium heat, add onions and cook for 10 minutes until they are soft and clear. Add garlic, turmeric and ginger and stir for 2 minutes. Add the carrots, cinnamon, salt and stir until the carrots are well coated. Add the vegetable stock.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover the pot. Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Add the coconut cream and stir through. Cool slightly. Using a stick blender, carefully blend the soup until it is smooth.
- Check seasoning then serve into individual bowls. Top each with chickpeas and picked parsley leaf for garnish.
- NOTE: Soup will keep in fridge in an airtight container for up to three days.
Recipe: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen