- Mix pork and beef mince together. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat. Add pork and beef mince in 2 batches and cook until golden. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan over a low heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and rosemary, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Add flour, stirring to combine and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Return cooked mince to the pan and increase heat to medium. Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and stock, stirring until combined. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add peas, stirring to combine. Check seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Meanwhile for the mashed potatoes, boil or steam potatoes for 15 minutes or until very tender. Remove from heat and mash until smooth. Add butter, milk, cheddar cheese, parsley, salt and pepper, stirring until mash is well combined and smooth.
- Spoon mince mixture into a large, deep pie dish on a baking tray and top with mash. Place baking tray in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the mash potato top is crispy and golden.
- Serve immediately.
RECIPE: Courtesy of SpudLight Potatoes