Crispy Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 120°C (or 100°C fan forced). Place wire rack on a large baking tray (line tray with foil).
- Place baking powder, salt and pepper into a large bowl.
- Pat drumsticks dry with paper towel, then toss them in the bowl with baking powder. Coat them completely.
- Put drumsticks on wire rack, evenly spaced, and place on lower shelf of the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the oven up to 220°C (200°C for fan forced). Rotate the tray and place on a higher oven shelf for 35-40 minutes, until the drumsticks are golden and crispy.
- Place all of the sauce ingredients into your saucepan, stir and bring to the boil, allow to bubble for 5-7 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- Place the drumsticks in a large bowl and pour sticky sauce over them. Toss until completely coated.
- Steam broccolini. Set aside.
- To serve: Over the top of a bowl of jasmine rice, add a sprinkle of chopped coriander, 2 drumsticks, broccolini and garnish with coriander.
Recipe: Courtesy of Tracey, ALDI Test Kitchen