Crumbed Barramundi & Chips Recipe
How to Cook Crumbed Barramundi & Chips
- Prepare chips as per pack instructions.
- Cut barramundi into bit sized pieces. In a bowl whisk eggs, lemon juice and water. In a 2nd bowl, l mix flour, salt and pepper together. In 3rd bowl add breadcrumbs, chopped dill, salt and pepper.
- Coat barramundi pieces in flour then egg wash and finally breadcrumbs. Do a small batch at a time. Place on tray and put in fridge for 20min.
- Place fry pan on stove and fill ⅓ of the way with oil.
- On medium heat bring oil up to hot (test by adding some breadcrumbs to see if they sizzle or you can use the back of a wooden spoon in the oil to see if it sizzles).
- Gently add barramundi portions to pan careful not to over load pan. Cook for 4-5 min on one side then turn and cook for another 4-5min. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Serve fish and chips with lemon and tartare sauce seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.
*Tip: you can make an interesting serving cup by linking a sheet of newspaper with baking paper and rolling into a cone shape. Use this to add your fish and chips in for your guests.
Recipe: Courtesy of Colleen, ALDI Test Kitchen