Greek Style Cabbage Rolls with Mince
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add half the passata, season and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens. Stir through herbs and rice and set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add 4 cabbage leaves to pan. Cook for 1 minute or until softened. Refresh in a bowl of cold water. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining leaves.
- Place 1 dry cabbage leaf on chopping board and place a quarter cup of the mince mixture at stem end of leaf. Fold edges in and roll up firmly to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining leaves and mince mixture.
- Place cabbage rolls in a lightly oiled 2L (8 cup) capacity baking dish. Pour over remaining passata, sprinkle with feta and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Sprinkle cabbage rolls with extra dill and serve with salad and lemon wedges.
TIP: Basil, thyme or chives would also work well in this recipe. You can substitute ricotta or goat’s cheese for the feta.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Australian Beef