Italian Style Pork & Mozzarella Meatballs
- In a large bowl, combine pork mince, salami, parlsey, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using wet hands, form the mixture into golf ball-sized spheres.
- Make an indentation with your thumb in the centre of each meatball. Using clean fingers squeeze together a good pinch of shredded mozarella and place into the centre of each meatball and re-roll.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick pan to medium heat and brown the meatballs on each side.
- Pour the tomato pasata and chicken stock over the meatballs and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Season well and add a pinch of sugar. Stir well.
- Garnish with torn basil leaves and serve with fresh, crusty bread.
*Tip: This dish also goes well with mixed olives as a side dish.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Australian Pork