- Wash and drain the prawns well and pat dry with paper towel. (If using frozen cooked prawns, defrost in fridge overnight.)
- Trim the spring onions, wipe, then slice into thin slivers. Chop coriander finely.
- Into a small bowl, combine spring onoins, coriander and prawns.
- To make the batter, whisk eggs and water together. Into a large bowl add salt, pepper, flour, chilli and garlic. Mix well until it forms a soft dough. Don’t worry if there are some lumps.
- Heat some of the oil into a non-stick frying pan, ladle a quarter of the pancake mixture in and spinkle a quarter of the prawn mixture over the top. Gently push the prawn mixture into the batter.
- Cook for a few minutes until the bottom of the pancake is golden, then flip and cook on the other side. Keep warm while you make the rest.
- To serve – cut into quarters a serve alongside sweet chilli sauce or your favourite dipping sauce.
*Tip: You can also use an Asian-style plum sauce for dipping.