Mexican Beef BBQ Pizza
- When cooking this pizza on your barbecue, preheat to 220ºC (the burners should be set at high). Place racks inside 2 large baking trays. Place in the centre of the barbecue, side by side, to preheat.
- Place mince in a bowl and mix in oil and fajita spice mix. Heat a large pan, ensure it is moderately hot. Crumble in half of the mince. Brown the mince, breaking up any lumps with a fork. Remove first batch, reheat pan, cook remaining mince and then remove it. (If using chilli, add it into the beef mince when cooking).
- Spread pizza bases evenly with salsa. Top with beef mince. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on preheated trays in barbecue. Lower hood. Barbecue for 12-15 minutes or until bases are crisp, cheese melts and is golden.
- Serve beef pizza sliced and topped with avocado, coriander and lime wedges.
Tips: The beef pizzas can also be cooked in the oven. Preheat oven to 220ºC (or 200ºC fan forced). Bake directly on oven shelf for 12-15 minutes, swapping pizzas halfway during cooking. Cooking the beef pizza on raised racks in the barbecue ensures that the air circulates evenly and produces a lovely crisp base.
*A sachet of taco seasoning can be used instead of the fajita spice mix.
Recipe: Courtesy of Australian Beef