Moroccan Spiced Beef with Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (or 180ºC fan forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Tuck thin end of beef fillet under and along centre of fillet. Tie beef with string at 4cm intervals.
- Combine half the oil, cumin, ground coriander, paprika and pepper in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture all over beef.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, turning, for 5-7 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to prepared tray. Season. Bake for 25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Stand, covered loosely with foil, for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, place capsicums and onion in a baking dish. Drizzle with remaining oil. Bake for 15 minutes. Add tomatoes to dish. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season.
- Serve beef and vegetables scatterd with fresh coriander and aioli (if using).
Note: Always adding luxury to the dinner table, beef eye fillet is a tender, quality cut of meat – perfect for a casual family barbecue through to a formal gathering of friends. When working with beef eye fillet, ensure you remove any excess sinew.