Mushroom & Lentil Bolognese
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the carrot and celery for 6-8 minutes or until softened. Remove and set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, then add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Return the vegetables to the pan with the oregano, basil and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the lentils and pasta sauce and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to a medium. Cook for a further 5 minutes to allow flavours to infuse and sauce to thicken. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, then drain and add to the Bolognese sauce, tossing well to combine.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and scatter over parmesan to serve.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Australian Mushrooms