How to Make Pea and Pork Belly Soup
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil to a large saucepan, on medium heat and sauté onion, celery and carrot for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add stock and potatoes and simmer with the lid on for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add peas and simmer for another minute then remove the pot from the heat. Cool slightly and carefully blend soup until smooth, using a stick blender.
- Place the saucepan back onto stovetop and add left over pork belly meat. Simmer for 5 minutes to warm the meat through. Taste soup, season with salt and pepper as desired.
- If you’re lucky enough to have any leftover crackling, reheat for 30 seconds in the microwave, on a sheet of paper towel, and serve as little dippers on the side of your soup.