Porterhouse Steak with Salsa Verde
- Wash all the herbs and pat dry with paper towel. Roughly chop all herbs finely
- Season Porterhouse steak with salt and pepper, place griddle pan on stovetop on high heat. Once pan is hot, grill steak for 4 mins on one side, turning steak over to cook for a further 3 minutes for medium, place steak onto a tray allowing it to rest.
- While steak is cooking, create salsa Verde:
- Dice onion set aside. Peel garlic. Pat dry gherkins and dice finely. Add herbs. In a bowl combine all the ingredients for salsa Verde and set aside.*
- Cook desired seasonal steamed vegetables in a steaming pot. Once cook toss into a bowl season with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- On serving plates, place steamed vegetables, grilled steak and drizzle salsa Verde with a spoon over the top of the steak and serve straight away.
*TIP: If preferred, you can use a small food processor to mince the herbs, onion, garlic and gherkins.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen