Pot Roast Lamb Leg with Mushroom Sauce
- Remove lamb from fridge 1 hour and 45 minutes prior to cooking, to allow it to come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced).
- Peel garlic and onions then cut the onions into quarter chunks. Place them, along with the rosemary, into a heavy-based casserole dish that is able to go into the oven. Toss with half the olive oil.
- Place lamb directly onto onions and garlic and rub with remaining oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for 1½ hours, or until cooked.
- To make the mushroom sauce, heat butter in a medium-sized saucepan and fry mushrooms until they start to brown. Add the rosemary, vegetable stock and cream then simmer for 20-30 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Serve lamb with mushroom sauce and other sides of your choice.
Tip: This meal goes well accompanied with roasted potatoes and onions.