Pre-cloved and Scored Ham with Maple Marmalade Glaze
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced)
- Remove packaging and bone guards from ham. Pat ham dry with paper towel and place on baking tray. Cover hock (if attached) with aluminum foil.
- To make the glaze: in a saucepan over a medium heat, dissolve brown sugar and marmalade. Simmer gently.
- Add mustard and maple syrup. Cook uncovered until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Cover the pre-cloved and scored ham with glaze, all over the fat layer, using a pastry brush. Reserve half the glaze.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, then reapply glaze over ham again and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Repeat glaze again, then bake for a further 20 minutes. Check the internal temperature of the ham with a thermometer to ensure the ham has reached 75°C. If not, bake further in 10 minute intervals or until temperature is reached.
- Take care to remove cloves before enjoying your baked ham.
Tip: Our pre-cloved and scored ham can be baked as is, or with our delicious Maple Marmalade Glaze. Or for a simple glaze, dissolve 2 parts brown sugar in 1 part water.
Recipe: Courtesy of Tracey, ALDI Test Kitchen