- Remove skin and seeds from pumpkin. Cut flesh into small chunks. Peel potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft and translucent.
- Pour in chicken stock then add pumpkin and potato, simmer for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, let soup cool slightly, then carefully blend until smooth, using a stick blender.
- To serve, divide soup amongst bowls and top each with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of chives and sliced chilli (if using).