Rump Steak with Mushroom Sauce
- Commence cooking baby potatoes to your liking. If using a microwaveable bag of potatoes, this generally takes 6-8 minutes. To serve, set aside, covered with foil to keep warm. Drizzle with a little oil and season with salt and pepper, to serve.
- Meanwhile, brush steaks with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add steaks and cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- Increase temperature to medium-high. Add onion and mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden. Add worcestershire sauce, sour cream and ⅓ cup water. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve steaks topped with mushroom sauce, baby potatoes sprinkled with parsley and baby rocket on the side.
Tip: You can prepare your mushroom sauce while the steaks and potatoes are cooking in the background.
Recipe: Courtesy of Australian Beef – The Greatest