- In a medium-sized, heatproof bowl, blanch baby spinach by pouring over boiling water. Sit for only 1½ minutes maximum – it should have a bright green colour. Carefully drain and set aside to cool.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the chicken stock, garlic and pepper on medium to high heat until simmering (do not boil the stock).
- Add spinach to saucepan. Add the 6 tablespoons of Greek yogurt. With a stick mixer, carefully blend the soup until smooth and creamy. If you have a high speed blender that has a lid with vent, you can blend it this way also.
- Add ½ the lemon juice. Mix through thoroughly and taste. If needed, add a little more lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- To serve, add soup to serving bowls, dollop with a little Greek yogurt and serve with warm, crusty bread. Enjoy immediately.
TIP: During cooking, do not overheat or boil the soup.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Hussey & Co.