Tomato & Feta Tart
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Spray dish with olive oil.
- Line your dish with pastry on the bottom and sides, cover with baking paper over the top and fill with raw rice or baker’s weights. Blind bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Add eggs into a large bowl and whisk. Add the cream and whisk until combined.
- Remove from the oven, discarding the rice and baking paper. Layer half the tomatoes over the base of the pastry and dot with feta.
- Pour in the egg mixture and finish layering remaining tomatoes and feta on top.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes on 180°C (or 160°C fan forced) until golden brown on top.
- Then reduce your oven to 120°C (or 100°C fan forced) and bake for a further 40-50 minutes or until the middle is firm (but has a nice wobble).
- Remove from oven. Cool slightly and serve.
Note: Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, in an airtight container.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Tracey, ALDI Test Kitchen