Vegan Taco Bowl Recipe
How to Make a Vegan Taco Bowl
- To create the salsa, combine tomatoes, corn, beans, coriander, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Place in a colander over a bowl, to drain all excess juices. Set aside in refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble the bowl.
- Preheat griddle pan to medium heat and lightly spray with a little olive oil.
- Lightly grill the wraps in griddle pan. Set aside to cool. When cool, cut into strips.
- Spray with a little more olive oil and fry the onion. While onion is frying, prepare quinoa to packet directions. Remove onions. Lightly fry taco seasoning in pan over low heat and add cooked quinoa. Toss until coated. Remove from heat and cool.
- Assemble the bowl. Place salsa, quinoa, corn chips, cabbage, wrap strips, red onion, lettuce, avocado and hommus in triangular sections, working your way around the bowl until it’s filled with all of the elements.
- Top the hommus with a sprinkle of paprika and garnish the entire bowl with fresh chopped coriander. Serve with a wedge of lime.
Recipe: Courtesy of Colleen, ALDI Test Kitchen