Zucchini Lasagne Rolls
- Slice zucchini lengthways to approximately 3mm thick. Put aside on paper towel to absorb any liquid.
- Place olive oil and garlic in a 30cm diameter, ovenproof frying pan and cook for a few minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Take off the heat and add 1 jar of the pasta sauce and 2 cups of baby spinach. Set aside.
- Place 3 cups of ricotta, 1 cup parmigiano reggiano, mozzarella, egg, oregano, ½ cup basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir well until combined.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan forced). Add spinach and sauce to the pan.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture evenly along each piece of zucchini and roll to create pinwheels. Place pinwheels on top of spinach and sauce, standing upright and cover with 1 jar of pasta sauce. Scatter remaining half cup of parmigiano reggiano.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden on top.
**Note: If you don’t have an ovenproof pan, later you can transfer the sauce to a baking dish of a similar size and bake in that instead.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Tracey, ALDI Test Kitchen