Turkish-ish Style Breakfast
Breakfast - the most important meal of the day - so try Sammy's Turkish inspired breakfast. Using the award winning Lyttos Greek Style Natural Yogurt to make a Labneh (a strained yogurt, with a beautiful consistency between a cream cheese & regular yogurt), poached eggs and a quick little salad of tomatoes, cucumber, lemon juice and herbs.
- For the labneh, remove yoghurt from fridge after straining overnight. Test the thickness and whisk in some strained whey if it's become too thick. You want a consistency between regular yoghurt and cream cheese. Next mix in the parsley, minced garlic, lemon zest and season to taste. Place 2 tablespoons worth of portions onto two plates. Spread out slightly.
- For the cucumber and tomatoes, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes.
- For the poached eggs, boil a medium sauce pan of salted water. Reduce heat to a medium and add the vinegar. Swirl water to create a whirlpool. Crack 1 egg at a time into a bowl and slide the egg into the water. Poach until the white is firm but the yolk is still runny. About 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to paper towel to drains. Repeat with all eggs.
- For the spiced oil, add all ingredients into a pan and bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Keep in a warm place.
- To serve, add eggs onto the yoghurt to each plate. Spoon over spiced oil and garnish with tomatoes and cucumbers. Serve with warm bread.
- Learn more about this recipe and watch Sammy & Bella's demonstration here.