Broccoli & Smoked Salmon Croquette Recipe
How to Make Broccoli & Smoked Salmon Croquettes
- Make breadcrumbs with the sliced bread.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks.
- Break up the broccoli into florets.
- Cook the potatoes and broccoli together in some boiling, salted water for about 6-7 minutes until tender.
- Drain and process them in a food processor with the butter until blended.
- Chop the smoked salmon into small pieces.
- Mix the smoked salmon pieces with the broccoli mix, season with some black pepper and paprika – mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12, about 50g each.
- Shape them into croquettes and put in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Put the flour in another bowl and the breadcrumbs in yet another.
- Roll the croquettes in the flour first, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Put back in the fridge for another 5 minutes.
- Fry the croquettes in oil for about 5 minutes, turning as you cook.
- Drain and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Great with a crisp salad. Serve with your favourite tomato salsa