Cheddar Cheese & Broccoli Soup Recipe
How to Make Cheddar Cheese & Broccoli Soup
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and sauté until soft.
- Chop up the broccoli and the potato and add to the pan, cook stirring for a few minutes. Add the water and the stock cube, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for about 20/30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Let soup cool slightly, liquidise the soup.
- Add the cream, check the seasoning and then stir in the grated cheese, cook gently until the cheese has melted.
*Serving Suggestion: serve alongside dinner rolls or your favourite sourdough bread