How to Make Mini Vegetable Tarts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Chop the capsicum and celery finely.
- In a large frying pan sauté the vegetables in half the olive oil for 5 mins, until softened.
- In a bowl add the eggs, whisk well, and add the grated cheese, sour cream and the cooked vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the crusts off the bread and with a rolling pin roll out the bread slices until a little thinner and larger.
- With a pastry brush, oil the muffin tray with the remaining olive oil.
- Push the bread squares gently into the muffin tray.
- Divide the vegetable mixture between the cases; top each one with two halves of tomato.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Serve warm or cold.