Scotch Eggs Recipe
How to Make Scotch Eggs
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Gently add 10 eggs and cook for 4½ minutes.
- Remove and peel them under cold running water.
- Remove the sausage skins and mix mince with sausage meat. Separate meat mixture into 10 servings and roll into balls and flatten to make 10 disks. Set aside.
- Crack 2 eggs into a small bowl and whisk.
- Take 2 bowls and place flour in one and bread crumbs in the other.
- Wrap the minced meat around the egg, pressing firmly with your hands to fully encase the egg.
- Roll in flour, dip in the egg and coat in bread crumbs. Press firmly to help the coating stick. Repeat process for the remaining 9 eggs.
- Heat a small saucepan with enough oil to just cover the eggs halfway. Whilst frying, turn a couple of times until golden brown, remove and place in a preheated oven on 180°C (160°C fan forced) for 4 minutes.
Recipe: Courtesy of Tracey, ALDI Test Kitchen