How to Make Tomato, Feta & Olive Tart
- Preheat oven to 140°C.
- Halve the tomatoes and arrange on a baking sheet, cut side up. Brush with oil, scatter over the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for around 2½ hours until semi-dried.Increase the oven temperature to 200°C.
- Unroll the pastry and place on a baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to score a border 1cm from the edge of the pastry – be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Brush the border with beaten egg or milk and, using a fork, lightly prick the pastry within the border.
- Bake for 15 minutes.Remove the tray from the oven and press down the centre of the pastry. Scatter over the tomatoes and olives and then crumble over the feta cheese.
- Add a few good twists of black pepper and then bake for a further 20 minutes.