Turkey Kofta Recipe
How to Make Turkey Kofta
- Place wooden skewers into a container of water to soak while you are preparing kofta mix.
- Grate onion into a large bowl. Add turkey mince. Add mint, parsley and garlic and the remaining ingredients into the bowl. Combine well. Cover in cling wrap and place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roughly divide the kofta mixture into 8. Remove skewers from water and set aside. For each skewer, roll mince into 3 round meatballs per skewer, adding one at a time onto the skewer then mould all together along the skewer. Shape each kofta and set aside.
- Heat large frypan and add oil or lightly spray koftas with olive oil spray on all sides.Cook on high for 1 minute each side until brown. Lower heat and continue cooking for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- To serve: Koftas can be enjoyed with a garlic or tzatziki dipping sauce, pita bread and tabouli. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with lemon wedges.
RECIPE: courtesy of Kelly, ALDI Test Kitchen