Cabbage & Pork Dumplings
- Clean and trim the cabbage. Remove the outermost leaves first, then collect 20 cabbage leaves to use. Discard any torn leaves.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add a pinch of salt. Cook the leaves in batches of 3 for 2 minutes each or until the stem is just soft. Drain on paper towel and put aside to cool.
- Chop coriander and shallots. Grate the ginger and garlic. Toast the sesame seeds lightly in a pan and allow to cool. Place the remaining ingredients, together with the mince, in a large bowl and mix well.
- To wrap the dumplings, place approximately 1 tbsp of the pork mixture in the lower part of the stem. Take the stem and fold over the pork mixture. Begin to roll, slowly tucking in the sides tightly.
- Repeat the process for the remaining leaves. Place dumplings in the bamboo steaming baskets for 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve with soy sauce and chopped red chilli on the side.
Tip: If in season and available, try substituting white cabbage with a whole wombok.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen