- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, then the minced onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Add the mixed herbs, parsley and oregano and cook, stirring often, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes (chopped) and season with salt. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium/low and simmer gently uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 50 minutes or until the tomatoes are very tender and have broken down to form a chunky sauce. When the sauce is done, remove the pan from the heat. Then remove and discard the parsley stems. Puree half of the sauce in a blender. Return the puree to the remaining sauce in the pan. Season the sauce to taste with salt and basil leaves. Reserve.
- Boil the pasta in salted water until medium cooked (al dente), rinse in cold water and reserve with a little of the olive oil.
- Add the napolitana sauce in a bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves.
- Cook the whole beef rump steak in a frying pan, using olive oil, on high heat to sear and then turn the heat down to low to heat it through. Cut the beef into dices.
- Chop the parsley, onion, garlic and olives, and reserve in separate bowls.
- Slice the mushrooms. Dice the capsicum. Wash the spinach. Grate the parmesan.
- Add the kids’ favourite ingredients prepared into bowls and serve.