Grilled Salmon & Lime Skewers Recipe
How to Make Grilled Salmon & Lime Skewers
- Place the mint, zest and lime juice, sugar, pepper, salt and oil together in a bowl – mix really well.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water before use. When cubing salmon, ensure to remove any skin and bone. Place salmon cubes onto skewers.
- Place the salmon skewers onto a plate or a stainless steel tray, then pour over the marinade mixture and coat well. Leave to marinate in fridge for 2 hours.
- Next, make the dipping sauce by heating the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and then adding the onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and cook for 5-8 minutes to soften.
- Add the vinegar and peanut butter to the pan, mix well and warm through off the stove. Add the chopped coriander and the spring onions then add enough water to make a thick sauce.
- When ready to cook, remove the skewers from the marinade and pat really dry on paper towel.
- Heat a barbecue or hot non-stick frying pan. If using a barbecue, before heating lightly oil the bars with paper towel dipped in a little oil, also lightly oil the marinated salmon. This will stop them sticking.
- Cook instant noodles as per pack directions. Drain most of the noodle broth out. Keep some of the broth in the noodles so they don’t dry out.
- Cook the salmon skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- To serve: drizzle a little dipping sauce over the skewers. Serve as a tasty starter or over drained instant noodles for a heartier meal.