Potato Salad with Vegan Mayonnaise Recipe
How to Make Potato Salad with Vegan Mayonnaise
- Cook the green beans, drain and add to cold water to refresh. Drain again and set aside.
- Wash the potatoes. Leave skins on and prick with a fork. Add whole potatoes to a pot of boiling salted water. Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks and place in a large mixing bowl with the beans.
- Cut the corn off the cooked cobs and add to the potatoes with the avocado, onion, baby cucumbers and half of the dill.
- To make the vegan mayonnaise, using a stick blender, blend the aquafaba liquid, mustard, vinegar, maple syrup and salt together.
- Blend for 1 minute, then slowly add the oil in a thin stream with the motor running. Continue for a few minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add the vegan mayonnaise to mixing bowl and gently mix and stir to combine. Taste and season with the lemon juice, salt and ground black pepper.
- Place onto a serving platter and sprinkle with the remaining dill sprigs.
Tip: You can store the vegan mayonnaise in the fridge, in an airtight container or jar, for up to a week.