Roasted Whole Turkey with Australian Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 210°C (or 190°C for fan forced oven)
- Wash out the inside of turkey and pat dry. Place on rack in an oven-proof dish 60 mins before cooking.
- Sauté onions and garlic in a fry pan with butter, until soft. Add macadamias, prosciutto and apples and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and add breadcrumbs, parsley, cranberries and cranberry sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stuff into turkey but do not overstuff. Tie legs of turkey together with butchers twine across the cavity.
- Add the stock to the bottom of the baking dish. Brush turkey with melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Wrap wing tips in foil to prevent burning.
- Place turkey in the oven and turn temperature down to 165°C (or 145°C for fan forced oven)
- Cooking time is 50-55mins per kg. Baste the turkey every 45 minutes. Turkey is cooked when internal temperature is above 80°C measured in the thickest part of the thigh. You will need a food thermometer for this,
- Leftover stuffing can be rolled into golf ball size balls and roasted separately. Baste these before and during cooking. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Keep pan juices to make your own gravy
RECIPE: Courtesy of Colleen, ALDI Test Kitchen