Snow Pea Pasta Salad Recipe
How to Make Snow Pea Pasta Salad
- Prepare pasta according to packet directions. Once cooked, remove pasta from water but retain hot water to blanch the green beans and snow peas.
- Return the water to the stove and bring back to the boil.
- Quickly blanch the beans and peas by placing them in the boiling water just until they turn bright green (about 1 minute).
- Drain the vegetables and place them on a paper towel to cool.
- Toast almonds in a dry sauté pan on low heat. Remove from heat once they are browned then set aside to cool.
- Place the pasta, cooled green beans and snowpeas, zucchini and onion in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine well.
- Top with salad dressing and toss again to coat all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with the toasted almonds, basil leaves and salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges for drizzling.
- If desired, add a bit of thinly shaved parmesan cheese.
Optional: Make your own dressing using olive oil and vinegar.
Tip: This salad is good served cold, so it’s suitable to make ahead of time and take on a picnic.