BBQ Pavlova with Seasonal Fruits by @merrynamy
Delicious Summery BBQ Pavlova with Seasonal Fruits
- Preheat your BBQ/oven to 100-120°C or as low as it will go (the lowest for some BBQs is around 150°C)
- Place egg whites into a clean dry bowl (I give mine + the beaters a wipe down with lemon juice or vinegar first also to ensure they’re grease-free) and whip to very soft peaks with a hand mixer.
- Add sugar, approximately 1 tsp at a time, ensuring it is all dissolved before adding more. Repeat until all sugar has been incorporated. Your meringue is ready when you have almost stiff peaks (I like a bit of stretch in the meringue still!), and the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Spoon meringue onto a bbq-safe tray lined with baking paper, in 4 individual serve portions, smoothing out the top to form a little disc. (Note: any leftovers can be piped into little meringue kisses)
- Place into bbq (hood down) or oven for approximately 1 hour, or until crisp and the meringue comes away easily from the baking paper. (Note: meringues cooked on the bbq/smoker will colour more than meringues cooked in an oven and will take on a slight smokiness)
- Place your mango cheeks flesh side down onto the bbq grill (or alternately a hot pan, or even use a brûlée torch!) until lightly charred. Slice into cubes
- While your mini pavlovas are cooling, whip together cream and vanilla extract.
- Once pavlovas have cooled completely, top generously with whipped cream, grilled mango, fresh raspberries and dragonfruit (and meringue kisses if you had any!).