How to Make Beetroot Tarte Tatin
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced). Line a tart pan with 2 sheets of pastry, press in place and trim to fit pan. Bake for 10 minutes until slightly set.
- Mix together beetroot, brown sugar, vinegar and salt. Remove tart shell from oven and add beetroot mixture.
- Place it back in the oven to bake for a further 35 minutes.
- While tart is baking, make tofu topping. Heat sesame oil in a medium-sized skillet and toss crumbled tofu until golden brown. Season with salt and stir through the chopped parsely.
- Make the dressing by combining balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a covered jar and shake to combine.
- When tart is cooked, let it cool slightly. Sprinkle with the tofu topping and drizzle over the dressing.