Choc Cherry & Raspberry Pavlova
- Using a peeler, peel manadarin into strips. Juice half of the mandarin.
- Place cherries, syrup, wine, honey, cinnamon mandarin juice and peel and vinegar into a pot. Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until sticky and glossy. Set aside and cool.
- Place the pavlova onto display plate.
- To make the ganache - Chop chocolate and place into mixing bowl. Pour the cream into a pot and bring to just boil, turn the heat low add the chocolate to the cream wait to it starts to melts a little, whisk until smooth and set aside to cool slightly before pouring over the pavlova allowing it to drip over the sides.
- In a separate bowl add cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract, using a hand blender whip until soft peaks, dollop cream over the pavlova evenly, place in the fridge to allow to chill before garnishing the top.
- To garnish - Place the cherry compote evenly on top continuing by layering with raspberries and cherries, finishing off with grated chocolate.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen